How Much Foam Do I Need?
Foam Board Feet Calculation Tool
Spray Foam requirements are calculated in "Board Feet".
Simply described a Board Foot is an area of cured foam measuring
12" x 12" square x 1" thickness
after curing. Our Spray Foam Kits come in 3 board ft. sizes for
small or large projects.
How to Calculate Board Feet:
- Measure the square footage of the area to foam
(Width x Height = Square Feet)
- Determine cured foam thickness in inches to
achieve target R-value (apprx. R-7 inch)
- Multiply Square Footage of project times (x) the
cured foam thickness desired.
- Example: 10 ft x 30' area = 300 S.F. x 2" foam
thickness = 600 board ft. of foam
- Recommendation: One 605 Board Foot kit